Friday, May 27, 2011

What is Androgyny?

What is Androgyny?

This term Androgynous has been around quiet awhile now. Most people when they hear Androgynous they think of Boy George and the 80’s or even hermaphrodites . Well both concept at one point in time were both considered correct. Androgyny can cover the hardest of the hard…or be based of the softest of the soft. But for me, Androgynous is ones ability to be asexual or genderless. To have the appeal of a man but still comprised with the softness of a woman or for the opposite sex to have the softness of a woman with a touch of masculinity.  When I model my goal is to create an natural balance masculinity, sensuality, spice and femininity. For me this works. It works for me because its natural and not forced. The most important advice I can give to anyone looking to model is stay true to you. You may have to change and adapt to the styles of new designers, shows, etc… but  the essence of you should always shine through…

~Vjay

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! i was hoping to give ppeople a better idea and insight. Im glad it helped!

    ReplyDelete