Monday, June 6, 2011

BAGGAGE



I’m going to make a very bold statement: In my opinion! I think that as humans we are all HOARDERS. We have a tendency to hold on to, collect, save, and cherish things that should be virtually discarded and left for trash. This next blog is about the unnecessary garbage we call the past. Don’t get me wrong, I do agree that the past is a very vital tool in helping to guide you in future choices and decisions, but in the same thought I also believe that some part of the past needs to be left there!..in the past. Those parts Id like to identify as the emotional baggage that usually keeps our minds, bodies, and emotions held captive when trying to move forward. Are you the stasher that cant let go of the anger accumulated during a bad break up or the saver of fond memories created when times were good? As we continue to hold onto the trauma and disappointment of an unsuccessful past, we slowly but sure start to create this temple of destruction. Eventually as time goes on, the more you hoard into your “emotional house” the more likely you too will become packed with unwanted emotions that keep you bound to the one thing you wish to escape.

Id like to see just what things people hold on to most after a break up of any sorts…This could be a marriage, relationship, friendship, loss of a job… Anything! What are some things that keep you bound to your past? And that eventually becomes apart your baggage??

2 comments:

  1. I'm personally not an "emotional" hoarder but i can identify with holding on to past memories and using them to justify why i continue to stay in a relationship. Knowing that someone was once this great person and not paying attention to their changes along the way will leave you in a very uncomfortable place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baggage?? I personally wouldn't refer to it as that. I look @ past relationships/experiences more so as valuable lessons that were placed before me to teach me something. I choose to take the negative in the past and analyze the why's and what note & apply it to my today. The positive are those cherished memories that I hold on to. It allows me to see the best in the individual......Even after that horrible break-up. So yes, regardless how "bad" the break-up was, it makes me a BETTER me with a not just good, but great present and future. And.....I also understand that not everyone is able to look @ it like this, but me personally will allow nothing, regardless the situation, to hinder my future.

    ReplyDelete