Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sneak Peek into Poetic Memoirs ©




So this time I wanted to do something a bit different. For those of you that know me, you know that poetry is a passion that I have that runs deep. My love affair with words has been a long lasting one! And finally I choose to share it.. During this book writing journey I am finding out  so much more about myself not only as a writer and artist, but also as  strong woman. Here is a sneak peek into my first book. Although i am still a work in progress! Let me know what you think!

With much Love and Respect,

~Vjay

“Loves reality”
Certain of what’s in store
I transcend above: Watching myself in a surreal like setting dwelling in the midst of confusion.
The direction to go clouded by the uncertain certainties..
positively negative results,
And the masked tales of people… you thought you knew.

The only thing that remains true or constant is the lack of trust that paralyzes my mentals.
My mind serves as my safe heaven, because only there does harsh realities mimic longed for fantasies.
And now this too has been perforated.

Emotionally I drift through this parallel universe call destiny..
Fighting for salvation.
I float hesitantly towards new beginnings for the fear of the fucked up endings.

My knees blister from praying
M eyes tire from Constant tear flowing.
My heart beats sluggishly from all the preexisting damage from bitter-sweet Love battles.

My up bring taught me to fight! And never question why..
As life continues to show me just how real the fuck things are… my strength depletes.
To me, it’s almost ironic that people say “Things happen for a reason.”And they allow that to be their comfort.

What could be the reasoning behind so much pain?

Starring at blank skies..
On the back of my neck I feel the cold breath of Karma passing by sending stab like chills through me.
Eerily I feel her stalking my next move.. My next encounter.
Cursed before we even meet our destiny seems predetermined.
Making our first kiss the beginning of our destruction.

Armed with only my mind, my soul and my heart.. Hurt continues to build.
 Simultaneously my mind continues to fight for deliverance as
My soul weeps- as I feel the exact moment my heart breaks again.

Untitled
Beauty unmasked to reveal the true ugly.
Deceitful lies and Unbreakable ties.
Unbearable tears free fall as memories wrapped in fears flourish.
Long lasting doubt continues to surround me.

Push forward, move on, stand strong!
Reciting these words daily in remembrance of who I use to be..

The stronger me lies six feet deep.
The lesser me weeps in hopes that no more pain mounts.

As my heart beats to a now delayed rhythm
My mind stops to replay the last damaging blow.
That moment staying freshly burned into my psyche.

Praying for it to all be a dream, my skin crawls in anticipation of waking.
Turning dreamland  into a living nightmare..
Followed by restless hours of blank stares.

Gazing into the mirror I watch as my inner most pours outta me.
Despicable to myself, I fall to my knees in despair.

What more can I lose?

 

 

PERFECT
Riding myself of all my impurities.
Starting with my insecurities
And ending with my vices.
Many Self Sacrifices
And mass suicides of Unhealthy toxins…
Negative minded people
Rather it’s my family or friends
Or Just Passer Byers with preconceived notions of my life.

I was born to be different this is clear
But that doesn’t mean unhappy.

So I purge..
I purge myself of all that claims to be good in the light
But shifts gears at Night.

Riding myself of all my impurities!
And my imperfections.
Cutting and bleeding myself dry of hurt.
Eliminating all signs of hatred.

I forgive you… So I can simply Be...Me.
I forgive you… Even if you don’t deserve it.
Because simply my utopia is worth it!

I rid myself of all my impurities..
Insecurities..
And self doubts.

Standing here naked in front of the mirror of life
Not as a girl
Not as a boy
JUST ME…

PERFECT

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE THEM AND I'M GOIN TO STEAL A PART FRO THE LAST ONE THANKS IN ADVANCE AMAZING KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK GOD IS DOIN WONDERFUL THINGS IN YOUR LIFE KEEP TRUSTING AND DOIN WHAT U DO STAY STRONG AND KEEP GOIN IN THE RIGHT PATH THAT HE WANT U TO GO IN KEEP YOUR HEAD UP BC SKY THE LIMITS AND BE BLESS LOVE YA LIL SIS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get'em VJay Keep Up The Good Work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....its a 180 in my eyes of the quiet and shy Vicky I knew at The Hurst...amazing nonetheless...continue to let passion fuel you...PERFECT was my fav by the way....MUCH LOVE AND RESPECT..

    -WILL

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Chiante! i appreciate you definitely...But you cant steal the words.. you will have to give credit where its due.. (thats what my editor tell me :)..) But hopefully my next few poems you like just as much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Bishop! I love the support! From one artist to another we know how much word of mouth can really set off a spark!. So thank you for sharing the love on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Will! Yes definitely a long way since the good old Hurst! Who would we be if we didnt grow and develope after College?? .. Not much has changed personality wise since college though. Just the same Shy Gal who loves to write and play ball.
    Thanks a bunch for stopping through!
    Bluejay love to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Still amazed at the mad talent but, no surprise you be were you are now. Keep up the good work. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww Lauren! Thank you very much! I really so appreciate that! And everyones over all feedback!

    ReplyDelete